Purpose of article: To provide specific, detailed instructions regarding lifestyle image searches. Images will be usable within the Tangiblee platform to create an optimally branded, one of a kind customer experience.
Stock sites Tangiblee utilizes: iStock and Adobe Stock
Criteria for usable stock photos:
- Look for images that have no item on the wrist, hand, etc.
- Find images where the focus field where you’re going to superimpose the item within our widget (ex. Image where wrist is the clearest point of focus)
- Body part must be on a flat plane in photo. A slight turn of the wrist or hand doesn’t allow for the item to be properly placed because it is 2 dimensional itself
- Photos must have slight spacing between fingers (rings) or body of model (watches/bracelets) to allot for the space of the item and ultimate placement
- Body part must be centered as much as possible in photo. Steer clear of photos where the placement point is in the top/bottom ⅓ of the photo. This doesn’t allow for our zoom feature to have optimal impact when implemented
- Shadow, body hair, and light need to all be consistent and even
Keywords/actions to search:
- Body part you’re searching for to place the item
- Gestures that focus on the body part (crossing arms, hugging, shaking hands, etc.)
- Everyday actions/situations that highlight body part (ex. for watches/bracelets- drinking coffee, writing, typing, driving, etc.)
- Include specific location words/phrases that have a certain aesthetic (ex. city, urban, country, restaurant, etc.)
- Use key terms for focus/feel/frame for the photo you’re looking for (ex. isolated, candid, warm, etc.)
- Filter pixel count for photos that are 5,000 width by 5,000 height
- Filter just for images (both sites included video and illustration)
- Search for creative shots (we are not able to use editorial shots for Tangiblee lifestyle images)
Lifestyle Images Photographers/Accounts
- Use search criteria within these portfolios, as well
- Use the “View Similar Images” tool when searching within the portfolios. It will introduce you to other photos with the same aesthetic while also finding other portfolios you can search through
Our suggested stock portfolios:
Adobe Stock accounts:
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.